Wednesday, April 23, 2008

4-20 on the Quad

In case anyone didn’t know, Tuesday was earth day, and last Sunday the University had an earth fest wonderfully advertised as 4/20 on the quad. It was possibly the most beautiful day I have experienced yet in Tuscaloosa and lying on the quad for hours was the perfect action to take in response to such a magnificent day. They had bands play from around 12 until 8, many of which were good if not very entertaining. Also, the sierra club was there giving out free grocery bags that you keep. You know like Publix and Target have been selling lately except with sierra club on the outside. But anyway, the outside wasn’t the exciting part, it was what lied within.

What was this you ask?...

I’m sure your enthralled right now.

Energy efficient light bulbs and press on tattoos with earth friendly slogans. Basically, since I don’t really change the light bulbs in my door, I was ecstatic about the tattoos. I sadly don’t have them or I would post some of their awesomeness up on the blog.

Anyways, the whole event was really successful and I don’t know the exact details of it but there was an article I noticed in the CW but I have yet to read it. Here However is the link where you can find the article and some of the pictures that they took. There was an excellent turn out and seemed to be a lot of support which resulted in people becoming more informed about helping the environment with all the little information tables they had set up.

1 comment:

Evan said...

Temporary tattoos=badass